Over the Top

In today's lesson Miss instructed us to go over the top to make the play more funny and to help us with characterization. I was confused with this as I see the Innkeeper as a more serious character, however I was willing to experiment and see if I can interpret a character in many different ways. When I performed over the top it gave the Innkeeper more comic, and I enjoyed performing him this way, I am going to aim to be over the top as the main purpose of the performance is to entertain the audience. My aim for next week will be to improve my blogs and to learn the entirety of Act 1.

1 comment:

  1. Try to explain what YOU as an actor think or do James, rather than simply what myself or Ashley as directors are telling you to do. At the moment, you're responding well to direction, but you need to demonstrate that you are making decisions for yourself, based on your own research analysis of the script. Our work in rehearsals on characterisation techniques should be feeding into your own creation of your role and you need to use your blog to discuss this process and set yourself personal targets. Make sure you are using technical vocabulary too!

    ReplyDelete