First time on Stage

This lesson was the first time we went to the stage and performed this was to get used to the stage and see if we need to change a scene. Today I've brought my costumes in for the Innkeeper: Shirt, trousers,trainers,a tea towel and a school tie, I picked this for the Innkeeper as he doesn't care what he is wearing and as the teacher wants him to look like an Innkeeper she just puts a tea towel on his head; and for Innkeper's dad a whole suit with shoes( I picked this as my character is the mayor but I wont be able to get a mayors chain so instead I'll just wear a suit!

As last rehearsal was a disaster for the adults we decided to polish the scene,the first time we did it it was blunt and boring and it didn't look real therefore the audience wouldn't really care but the next time we did it was the best we have done it, "Sarah's breakdown" was really effective! This was because everyone knew their lines and cues and didn't stop if they made a mistake.

After that we started the play from the beginning, but didn't get to finish the first act! However from then it was really good and I can see the performance shaping. The costumes helped everyone get into their character!

Now all we need to do is to finish the stage and for the other people to bring in the rest of their costumes, tomorrow we will be spending all day rehearsing and sorting out the stage for our performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment