Scripted Work

Blood Brothers

Today we did our first bit of scripted scenes I got put into a group with Charlie Sanderson and Cel Miss Cordell gave us  2 scenes from the play Blood Brothers. The first scene I did was with Charlie, this is when I (Eddie) has came back from university and I'm basically a party animal, whilst Charlie(Mickey) has had the three worst months of his life. The second scene was when Cel ( Linda)who  sees Eddie for the first time since  Edie came back from university. Eddie Loves Linda and tells her asks her to marry him but it turns out she is married to Mickey and they are due a baby! Mickey didn't tell Eddie as he knows that Eddie loves Linda still.


The lesson after we decided to retry try scenes in a workshop style! I found it too difficult to play as Eddie so Charlie and I swapped characters. Mickey is very grumpy in this scene as he has lost his job and basically everything has gone bad for him. I found Mickey character very interesting as he is a very depressed character.

No comments:

Post a Comment